a holistic pre-school and kindergarten
Thursday, September 15, 2011
News Of The Day 9/15/2011
- worked with play dough at the project table. Having play dough at the table every morning is intentional. At this point it is meant to provide stability in a time of transition. The children are beginning to know what to expect when they arrive. After some time we will start to vary the morning table activity.
- played at a "pet shop" and a "bakery". The bakery employed some "bad guys" who were, somewhat, mischievous but still served yummy treats. The pet shop took care of animals and even let the bad guys have a few!
- read "A Color of His Own", and "Little Pea", and "Cookiebot: A Harry and Horsie Adventure" which has quickly become a favorite!
- sang "rock 'n roll" versions of 'I've Been Working on the Railroad', 'Itsy Bitsy Spider', 'I'm a Little Teapot', and 'The Monkey and the Engineer'. This was VERY fun!
- went outside and got wet for about 10 minutes
We had a wonderful day. I started to see a little cross pollination out of the children's comfort friends. This group keeps me on my toes and I love it!