a holistic pre-school and kindergarten
Monday, January 26, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- During arrival we started working on a train set-up and ended up gassing up some tractors and trucks at a gas station. We then ended up working on puzzles in the meeting area
- During Morning Meeting we read 'Tip, Tip, Dig, Dig' and tried to remember what vehicles we were pretending to be last week. We also got a surprise. Amy (Otis's mama) sewed each of us a pillow to use while at the BB. We had our dance party to all of our hits and added a rock n' roll version of "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
- For Snack we had chips, carrots, and celery with hummus (thank Rowan's family)
- During Explore time we made an "adventure playground" in the blocks for the dinosaurs as well as play in the kitchen area
- During Outside Time we stayed indoors! We spent much of out time playing at the bubble table
- During lunch we looked at a picture of Otis of when he was 5 days old
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
- During arrival we worked with the new pink play dough. Some of us noticed that the different rollers made tractor track-like patterns
- During Morning Meeting we had our slipper greeting and got to see Andy's new slippers! We read 'Tip, Tip, Dig, Dig' and 'Toot, Toot, Beep, Beep' both by Emma Garcia. We talked about what kind of tractor/truck we would be from the former book.
- For Snack we had a parfait concoction. Granola and frozen berries, in yogurt (soy and dairy)...1, 2, 3, PARFAIT!
- During Explore time we played with the new overhead projector. We danced in the light and watched our shadows. We also chased the shadow of Andy's fingers like of bunch of kitties. We also all tried to play Otis's new Melodica. It is small keyed instrument that you play by blowing into a tube and pressing the piano-like keys. We had much fun with it!
- During Outside Time we all shoveled and pretended that we were snowplows. We also dusted all the snow of various swings, logs, slides....
- We had lunch with some dinosaurs so read 'Dino-Hockey' by Lisa Wheeler