a holistic pre-school and kindergarten

Thursday, November 12, 2009

News of the Day 11-12-09

A comfy couch, a good book, aaaaaaaaah....
This morning we...
- had a BIG train and construction morning! We created a large expanse of track as well as a road, using the whole table. The road ended up servicing MANY cars. Construction vehicles worked for a while on a troublesome portion of track.
- had Art with Abby!!!
- played Pengoloo (a board-like game)
Outside we...
- created another large volcano in the sand box. Everyone took a turn erupting the volcano by pouring vinegar into baking powder and watching it ooze.

1 comment:

Grandma Judy said...

Hi Andy. While talking to Rowan today on the phone he told me all about "boat eaters";where they live (in underwater caves), what they look like (bg mouths, blue, big feet, tails and 3 eyes, two big and one little) and that they eat boats-ocean liners, tug boats, canoes, ferry boats and kayaks. Yikes. Rowan said you'd be glad to let me borrow your book so I can read up on these critters. Oh, I fell in love with a Chinese junk once . Below deck its mast was full of dragon carvings! I want to find out more about boat eaters because R told me that once they take a bite out of the bottom of the boat (they don't like bows or sterns) the boat sinks. Also, they are not trolls. Glad I never saw one and no bites were taken out of the boat I lived aboard.