- During arrival some of us used watercolors while others investigated the snakeskin that Rowan brought to school. Andy was excited to set up the foldable magnifying glass and we looked at the enlarged image. We then looked at a snake book to see if we could identify it... no luck. Some of us wanted Andy to read a new book 'Gone Fishing' and the whole group ended up listening, and we morphed into Hello Meeting...
- During Hello Meeting we finished reading 'Gone Fishing' and sang Telephone and had slipper greeting.
- During Explore some of us pretended we were mommies and took care of babies while others set up an elaborate tea party and picnic
- For snack we had cereal, Pirate Booty, and oranges . We used scoops for the dry stuff and counted out 1 scoop, 2 scoops, and 3 oranges...(thanks to Rowan's family)
- For Morning Meeting we took some time to learn how to clean up the kitchen dramatic play area. We sand 'Riding in My Car' and read part 2 of 'Poppleton in Fall' (called The Coat).
- Outside we used the play dump truck and pretended it was a cement truck in the sandbox. Some of us helped Andy rake the yard. We are getting excited to rake a HUGE pile of leaves and jump in it!!!
- long Lunch again...
a holistic pre-school and kindergarten